Mondo’s content team seeks a trusty sidekick for the fall of 2015. This student internship is 90% writing — the successful applicant will bring a solid foundation to the table and leave with searing web copy skills and a heaping portion of professional digital marketing experience. We’ll give preference to college juniors and seniors with declared majors in marketing, communication, English, creative writing, or journalism, but if you’re a wordsmith who doesn’t quite fit those criteria, try us anyway. If you need college credit, we’re willing to work with your school to make that happen.
We’d like +/-10 hours per week of your time, and we can schedule around class meetings and other obligations.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to write witty, entertaining copy for marketing purposes. The feedback and experience just might help with that novel you’re secretly working on, too.
- What makes a website tick behind the scenes; basic content management skills like formatting and publishing with HTML in a WordPress site.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques — ranking clients’ web pages high in Google search results is the name of our game, and we’ll teach you how to do it.
- The basic operating structure of a digital marketing agency — what roles are available and what a career in this field might look like.
THINGS YOU MUST BE:
- A writer. This internship will require near-constant creative writing duties. Blog posts, press releases, video scripts, photo captions — they all must be crafted with enough wit, clarity and brevity to make Hemingway blush.
- A creative-type. Every piece of content you produce must be thoughtful and engaging. You don’t need to be an artist; you just need to make our audiences smile, cry, gasp, lol, etc.
- A communicator. First off, you’re a listener. You hear the message and understand the goals. Then, secondly, you turn it into strategy and action.
Available to work from our Brattleboro, Vermont office.
A TYPICAL DAY…
… might include research and writing for an SEO-optimized blog post, along with crafting copy blurbs for a number of other applications. Sometimes we also go out for ice cream.
SALARY: We hate to perpetuate the stereotype that there’s no money in writing, but this internship is unpaid. Instead, it pays in high-quality work experience, high-fives, and, if applicable, college credit. And if you really knock our socks off, we just might offer you a job in the future.
Send a cover letter, résumé and 2 references to email@example.com, plus writing samples. Tweet something awesome to @mondomediaworks with the hashtag #internatmondo for bonus points.